1. THE SUPERGENEROUS SERVICE & YOU
By signing up to the Supergenerous service, you authorise and accept the following: For Supergenerous to act as your Tax representative (for the purposes of s 124D of the Tax Administration Act 1994) for the purpose of making an application for a donation tax rebate (under s LD 1 of the Income Tax Act 2007) on your behalf. You further authorise Supergenerous to communicate with Inland Revenue on your behalf and collect and use any of your information required to provide the Supergenerous service to you.
2. PAYMENT TERMS
Payments are defined as: Rebate less service fee. If You have signed up for the Supergenerous service and we receive any rebates on your behalf, You authorise Us to make payments on your behalf to a recipient of your choosing (Payee) as per below.
3. FEES AND INTERESTIf the IRD determines you are not eligible for a particular tax credit or Rebate, Supergenerous will not charge a fee on that tax credit or Rebate. The Supergenerous service fee is 10% (plus GST) of your Rebate (Service Fee). We update the recipient bank account for your Donation tax credit account at the IRD and deduct our Service Fee from Rebates received in the Supergenerous bank Account.
4. VERIFICATION AND COMPLIANCE
5. YOUR DETAILS
You confirm that all of the information You provide to Us as part of the registration process is true and accurate. It is Your responsibility to update Your details as they change from time to time.
We may reject Your registration, use of or access to Our services at Our discretion. We may suspend or terminate Your use of Our services: a serious complaint is received about You in relation to Your use of Our services; You breach any of our Terms; We consider Your behaviour to be unacceptable or suspicious; You have an outstanding invoice; We require suspension as necessary for any system maintenance/updates; termination or suspension is required by any law or direction from any government, law enforcement or other authority; or We are unable to complete our verification processes as set out in our Terms (including any re-verification requirements).We are unable to provide you with the service.
New Zealand law applies to these Terms. You have statutory rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (if applicable). Nothing in these Terms will limit Your rights under that Act unless We are legally entitled to do so. None of the information given by Us or contained on Our website constitutes accounting, tax or financial advice in any way. If any provision in these Terms is held invalid, then such provision (to the extent it is invalid) is deemed severed from these Terms, and the remainder shall not be affected.
1. YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
When You visit our website or use Supergenerous, We may collect and store certain information from or about You, including information that can be used to uniquely contact, identify or locate You
Registration: When You register or create an account with Us, We collect Your name, email and IP address(es), contact number, and location information as well as all other information we request at the time of registration and anything we further require you to send or upload for us to provide you with Our Service. We also collect donation information which we receive on your behalf from third parties, such as Donee Organisations.
Verification of Payee/User: We require the following further information, to verify Your identity and comply with our legal obligations:
Communications: If You contact Us, such as via website chat, phone or email, We may keep a copy of that correspondence and contact you, using any Personal Information you provide Us. We may also collect messages and feedback You leave for other Users and correspondence from other Users or third parties that relates to Your activities on the Supergenerous website. By being registered with the IRD as a tax representative and service provider, we are legally required to store your data for a retention period of at least 7 years. If you require that we send you your data and delete it from our systems, then you will assume responsibility for retaining your records for the remainder of the retention period. If your data is not returned to you, then we must retain your data for the remainder of the retention period.
2. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION You consent that your Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties in the following circumstances:
Verification: Verifying any information that You give Us (or information that We may collect from other sources) with third parties, third party systems and databases, including Government agencies (for e.g. NZ Transport Authority, Dept of Internal Affairs, Australian Government (if you provide Australian ID)) for complying with the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing Terrorism Act 2009. You authorise any third party to provide/verify Your personal information to Us for this purpose. You understand that if We disclose Your personal information to a credit reporting agency, they may hold Your information on their credit reporting database and use it for providing credit reporting services and for any other lawful purpose and they may disclose Your information to their subscribers for the purpose of credit checking or debt collection or for any other lawful purpose.
Independent Auditors/Public Authorities: From time to time in order for Us to comply with Our obligations We may need to disclose Your Personal Information to independent auditors. Your Personal Information will only be disclosed to public authorities (including government agencies with statutory law enforcement responsibilities) if We are required to provide them with Your Personal Information by law.
Promotion and Public Reporting: We may use fundraising data from Our service for the purposes of promotion and public reporting of Supergenerous activity but will always aggregate, anonymise and de-personalise that data which means that individuals cannot be identified from it.
4. ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION You can access, change, update or correct Your Personal Information that is stored in Your Supergenerous Account or held by Us at any time. You can access, change, update or correct Your Personal Information, including Your password, and/or profile information (excluding Your profile name), by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will retain a record of any prior email addresses registered against Your profile in order to uphold compliance with Our Terms.
5. PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION We store your Personal Information on secure servers and take steps to maintain the security of Your Personal Information. However, there are risks that are inherent in storing and transmitting data online, so the security of your Personal Information is not always guaranteed. In the unlikely event of a Supergenerous data breach, we will immediately notify you and the privacy commission in the manner described in the Privacy Act. You are responsible for ensuring the security of Your: username/email address; and account password. We recommend You do not disclose Your Personal Information to anyone. If You choose to share Your Personal Information with others, You will be responsible for any resulting data breaches and/or actions taken with that information.
6. USER COMMUNICATION Other than emails relating to registration, use of the Supergenerous service and transaction details We will only send You emails that You elect to receive. Elected email communications can be managed by notifying us at